you gotta "shake it off!"

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

It could happen to you!

After, reading this story, “The Girl with the Blackened Eye” I had to think that this could easily happen to anyone. It could happen to me. That scared me, just to think that I could have been that girl with the blackened eye, the one who had been beaten and raped and nearly starved to the point of death. This story showed me that I should never be alone anywhere even if it is in the daylight, because some people have the nerve to do such cruel things even with the chance of other people witnessing his torture.

This story is very similar to the other story I read by this author, “Where are you going? Where have you been?” That story is about a girl like the one in this story who is around the age of fifteen. In both the stories there is an enemy towards both the girls and that enemy just happens to be older males. Ones who appear to be friendly, then when they have you they change in a split second. There is also a similar theme to the stories. The theme is something on the lines of a sexual predator. The males are the sexual predators and the girls are their prey.


So when you are in a store or at the movies hanging out with your friends remember that they are everywhere, the sexual predators I mean. And don’t think that just because it happened to someone else that is won’t happen to you. Think twice about who you smile to when you are just trying to be nice, they may take it the wrong way.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:16 AM, Blogger Tuckerman said…

    Well, I can say in all honesty that I really don't think that this will happen to you. Blondes like you don't have this type of thing happen to them.

     
  • At 6:18 AM, Blogger HeatherTheGreat said…

    Oh, Sam I love you! I won't let any sexual predators get you. Well actually if we're somewhere and one approaches I'm going to give him you. Don't smile at anyone ever again.

     
  • At 6:23 AM, Blogger kam said…

    Well Sam, it sounds like you shouldn't go out in public with Heather anymore, lol.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home